Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Best of Times & The Worst of Times ...


People are doing things
they have never done before.
Our new business -
MEDFORD COMPANY STORE
A
N AMERICAN HANDCRAFT
& ANTIQUES COOPERATIVE
opened on Tuesday.
I am thrilled with the response!

A lot of old customers
have already come back

(we were originally an antiques shop)
and so many NEW customers
have been in
-
with interest in other things!
I've sold quite a few collars
and leashes here already!


Shoppers today are being more careful
with their money,

and more specific about who gets it.
I personally like to see my money
go right into the hands
of the person who took the risk
.
I guess that comes from many years
of being a business owners
,
of BEING the people taking the risk
& providing a living for our employees.

I respect someone
who has put their personal best

into developing their craft,
identifying their target market,
& designing to meet the wants & needs
of that particular audience.

Success depends on more than
having talent & having personal goals.
When there is rationale
behind what someone creates,

I am driven to support that person,
even if it's a craft for which I have
no particular use.

I am intrigued by innovation.

So in these harder economic times,
perhaps the worst of times,
I see people discovering their talents.
And for many - they are finding
the vision & skill
that might otherwise
have gone undiscovered.
It is very very cool.

We're still seeking
talented artists & crafters.

We have a certain target retail audience
and I believe we are hitting our mark.
Time will tell.

Here is the blog for
Medford Company Store
Please follow our blog and share it
in support of fellow independent crafters.














1 comment:

Enzie Shahmiri said...

What a great post! I wish you the best of luck with your store.
In my neighborhood a lot of antique stores that had booths rented to individuals have closed their doors and I miss them greatly. It takes a special person to hang in there when things get rough, but those who weather the storms are those whose who show us that anything is possible.

Post a Comment